Monday, March 9, 2009

Magpie is now digital!

Friends and enemies, lend me your eyes. A few weeks ago I had decided that, as much as I love Magpie Magazine, I needed to shut it down. Things are going so well with my personal art that I just don't have the time to make a printed publication full of trips to the printers, hours of folding and stapling, trips to the places that carry the magazine, trips to the post office to mail it out, etc. However, as I logged in today to cancel our Myspace account, I saw quite a few friend requests, and I just couldn't kill the 'zine. I started the Magpie back in 1994 and it has gone through many changes, so why not go through another?

THE MAGPIE IS NOW A BLOG. Yes, yes, it's the cyber train that everyone wants to ride right now, but why fight it? It saves paper and the energy resources, it's faster, and it's global. Bottom line is, the idea of a blog will keep Magpie alive.

I am excited to make this change that I have previously been resiting because this is going to open up so many new possibilities for everyone involved. Please continue to support Magpie by subscribing to our feed and by telling your friends about it. Most importantly, tip us off and send your submissions! All submissions still go to readmagpie@gmail.com

Let's get this blog rolling! We love you all :)

No comments:

Post a Comment